Tuesday 13 March 2012

Occupational Engagement, Doing, Being, Becomingg and Belonging

Cooking is an important aspect and occupation in which we are involved in on a daily basis on many levels, whether it is a basic meal at night with the family or a meal at a 5 star restaurant. Food, especially in the New Zealand’s culture plays a part in most social events and gatherings.
This second part of my blog looks at the Occupation of Cooking, I have chosen this because it is one of my favourite things to do, and I love to entertain guests using food and find the task very relaxing and therapeutic at the end of a long hard day.
In observation on a fieldwork placement I was lucky enough to be able to work with elderly stroke patients in teaching them how to perform the basic yet complex step by step task of cooking cheese scones.

The first ethical consideration I consider was gaining consent from the people who I took photos of and gained their permission to post the photos of them on my blog page. It is considered ethical to gain consent so people know that their information is being posted online for all to see.
  
The second ethical consideration I consider was that when I used a source from online I ensured I referenced where I got that resource from, using a web address or name of the website. It is important to acknowledge where you got the information from.
Thirdly, I ensured that I only took photos from trusted websites. Most of the photos I sourced online have come from photo galleries who are using them as example picture – the photo gallery would have gained consent from that person to post them online, making it an ok source to use.


No comments:

Post a Comment